Got to tear up the new BMW 335i twin turbos yesterday at Autobahn. We had a group out there

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got to tear up the new BMW 335i twin turbos yesterday at Autobahn. We had a group out there

Hi,

Just dropped in to say I regret I'm on the e90 forum wherein such gems are posted like "Audi owners are ghey". But, forums attract those comments like white on rice...

At any rate, as a 335i owner I'd hope BMW sorts it out. The only thing I find odd is that this has not been experienced at any other track events or at least I've read posts from people at several different track events and they haven't experienced this. If it were a design defect which manifested itself in all 9 cars you'd think it'd happen regularly on other track days. *shrug*
Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Underpriced Bugatti.....?
Old 09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Fear the Miata!

np....that happens......we don't really care....
Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stuff to take away from your visit:

DaveyKid is a gentleman whose integrity is regarded very high around here. I think I can speak for all of us on that issue.

Second, some of us are straight. Some of us aren't. It probably has nothing to do with the cars.

Third, lots of Audi owners also own BMWs. Lots of them post here because they are gay. Others stick around here even after selling off their Audis because we are less pretentious than other European brand owners.

My wife used to own a VW Passat while I owned an A4 of the same year and chassis. The only people who think Audis are overpriced VWs are VW owners who feel they have somehow justified their purchases and are smarter because they are frugal. In reality, they just bought the line the VW salesman was laying on them.

ABCC representatives are not going to be truthful with random strangers calling on the phone and inquiring about their broken fleet.

Davey Kid was not at ABCC representing the Audi Club nor was he driving an Audi.

That whole thread on the other forum sucked and I took time out of my busy day (surfing for **** videos) to read it. I want my click back.

Stick around here. You may like it. Stay away from the Off Topic forum. That place has the maturity of my 8th grade boys' locker room.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Fear the Miata!

^^^^what he said....
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Q, thanks for the comments. No biggie. It happened to a group of guys out there the day before

at an instructor event which is how I found out about it initially. On Thursday all the instructers were called aside and spoken to by the event organizer and we were instructed to NOT push the cars too hard as they would overheat and shut down. We were told they were all overheating the day before. (I could be wrong and maybe it was 2 days before.) No problem I thought, I'm playing Mother Goose to a bunch of students who are following me and I shouldn't be pushing the cars too hard. Well, we weren't so fortunate and started receiving walkie talkie/communication messages to back it down, but we did figure it out right away and backed it down. On our first lead/follow we had three cars go into limp mode and I slowed down to do a few parade laps. Then we had one of the auto cross cars do the same. That one had to be pushed off the course.

I don't have a clue what is causing it. Are these pre-production cars BMW sent the track? Doubt it but I don't know. Is it a coincidence? No idea. Am I lying? No. Am I gay? No.

Either way, it is what it is and I won't dignify that board with a response. I know they contacted ABCC as well, but what do you expect them to say, "all the cars are overheating and we don't know what to do?" No.

Again, thanks for the kind words.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Get back to your **** already, will ya!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM

Default I was there instructing the day before..... we were using the Z3s for the school.....

.... but at the beginning of the day we used the 335s as a track taxi to show the students the track. The cars were not driven very hard (as there were students in the car and it was more of a tour) but after 5 laps the oil temp was pegged.

If nobody believes me I really don't care, why would I lie? I honestly don't give a flying **** one way or the other and I certainly didn't think of taking a picture because.... well, that's kind of retarded. Why would I want a picture of a pegged oil temp guage?

Does that Silvercar guy honestly think anyone from Autobahn owes him an explanation or a recap of actual events? I for one am a little pissed off that he thinks he can call up and stir up a sh!tstorm at ABCC. That's my home track and I don't think he should be sticking his beak into something that isn't any of his business. I don't want the track management getting pissed at us about anything.... think about it, if you were ABCC management would you want to get a call for some random guy demanding answers? This arsehole may be causing issues between ABCC and BMW (I'm sure BMW wouldn't be too happy about this whole thing).

Hey Silvercar guy.... nllnn nnlln. Mind your own business.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:47 PM

^^^that's the ticket. Damn, we're WAY more frugal and smarter than Bugatti/Lambo owners
Old 09-26-2006, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The 2.7T didn't have any major problem areas...

in the RS4 variant. ;-)

Quick Reply: Got to tear up the new BMW 335i twin turbos yesterday at Autobahn. We had a group out there