Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2007 4.2L Modded / Facelifted

Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 4.2L Modded / Facelifted

Tint
No less than 20% ever on any of my vehicles.

Rims:
24" Forgiato Dieci silver with chrome lip.

Calipers:
Painted red like the Porsche Cayenne

Tail lights
Purchased the SPYDER non-smoked (for a more factory look) LED tail lights. SUPER easy install. Straight plug and play. VERY BRIGHT brake lights and turn signal. Very nice look. The smoked ones wouldn't look good on my light gray Q, the clear ones look tacky (think old Honda racer) this gave me the clean LED look without taking away from the subtle aftermarket yet factory look.

LED Turn Signal
Bought off e-bay. Work good, but one has some condenation.

LED DRL Headlamp 2011 swap
Beautiful! Perfect!! No AFS cornering however, still get AFS error, but I gave up on that. Had to program with VAG to come on when car is started. Didn't go through all the re-wiring madness. Simply bought some VNS adapters online to make it plug and play. If I did the re-wiring headache I probably would have had no computer error on AFS but the cost wasn't worth it in my opinion. I bought my lights, mounting brackets, signals, and adapters separately on eBay. Probably saved $1000 - $1500 versus buying the whole package from europl or that other site.

1. 1st pair, only one cable worked.
2. 2nd pair had an issue. One light was brighter than the other. As if one DRL was full bright, the other was dimmed for headlight on use. ARGH!!!
3. 3rd pair I mixed and matched and finally go a ALWAYS FULL BRIGHTNESS no matter what on the DRLS regardless of headlights being on or off. My end goal. PS the DRLs plus my HID foglights are so bright I could use them without ever having to turn on my headlights

Fog Lights
Converted them to HID to match the DRLs and headlamps. I usuall rock the DRLs and foglights all the time nice look.

LED Tag Lights
LED Interior Lights

UBER BRIGHT and SEXY! In the photo it looks like it drowns out the tags, but it's just the photo.

Grill
S-Line grill being installed as we speak. Got a perfect condition grill online for $390. No pics yet.

I'm posting pics of the truck in phases. Once my S-Line grill and she's clean I'll post a pic of the whole schabang.

Right now the pictures are in pieces. One pic you may see wheels with no S-Line grill. Or wheels without updated headlights etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0gmz4c7wq...D-FACELIFT.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2140dpr4d2jwta8/REAR1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r6zs4pcjcyflg8/REAR2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kamsa28gcj3xp0k/RIMS.jpg
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Pics for the lazy

Old 10-18-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get your grey plastic lowers painted silver to match the rest of the body. My buddy's Q7 had the two tone color and after color matching the lowers- it was a much cleaner look.

Did you buy the Red Caliper spray paint for the brakes?

How's the ride with the 24's? What is the series sized tire on that? 25? Ride quality? 24's seem too big on the Q7- are you planning to lower the car? I think that a 22" sized wheel would've been a better look, but to each their own.

Your last picture was taken before you installed the Chinese eBay LED turn signals. You should take a shot at night with your LED headlamps, turns, and fogs on.

Last edited by Snopyro; 10-18-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Digging the wheels! Would love to see pics with it all complete!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I like the tail lights.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys. Now that the S-Line grill is on, I'll do some high quality pics and try to get some good light shots as well.

Snopryo:
As far as painting the lowers you read my mind, that's the next goal. I owned a Phaeton in the past and painted the lowers made a world of difference.

The ride with the 24" is hard (much more truck like) but nothing ridiculous. I have no intentions on lowering it. I looked at 22s on it, but they looked too small compared to the size of the truck. Hell, I have 22" on my Mercedes CL550, the 24"s seem to fit the truck just right without looking over the top. Off top of my head I'm not sure what series tire I have, I'll grab that off the tires next time I'm out.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Snop:

The rim shop did the red calipers when putting on the rims. I'm sure it's quality stuff as it has to hold up to the heat and has.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Damn it...now I got the S-Line bumpers and painted sides

Ugh! I bit the bullet. After seeing my new grill. I couldn't stand to not have the S-Line bumpers and painted lowers.

I've already got the lowers painted to match the truck.
I've got the rear S-Line bumper painted and installed.

I'm just waiting for the front 11-12 S-Line bumper to arrive. Anyone know if I have to swap out the fog lights? I currently have a 2007, but I already did the LED turns signals and LED headlamps.

I read somewhere to get the new 11-12 S-Line bumper fitted to an 07 I need to change the fog lights. To me they look exactly the same so I wanted to confirm this.

New rear S-Line bumper

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Why can't I edit my posts?

Try these links instead:

BEFORE

AFTER