Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi dealer car wash

Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi dealer car wash

Hi, I finally brought my car in for its first 5K miles service today, when I brought it in I told them I don't need a car wash because I rather wash it myself. I just don't like the machine wash at the dealer because they might make scratches and swirls, when I got the call later today from the dealer saying the car is all done and they washed it for me! I know that my Q is full of road salts and needs cleaning but why don't they just listen to what I said. I would like to know if anybody here have any experience with the dealer's car wash. Thanks
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is called autopilot. They just do it.
It is like trying to order drinks without ice. They listen to you, they look at you, and put ice in the drink.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL.

I told my dealer not to wash my car @8k service and they actually listened!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine didn't even bother asking or telling I just showed up to pick it up and found it washed, and like you I wasn't exactly thrilled by the jesture, especially since I keep mine near showroom quality to begin with.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MAMOHT
It is called autopilot. They just do it.
It is like trying to order drinks without ice. They listen to you, they look at you, and put ice in the drink.
Yeah that's right!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

My no-wash request works every time; I have the service writer type it on the service order which the tech sees when he works on the car. When I picked up my car on the last visit, the writer told me the tech was concerned they were returning my car with a bird dropping that occurred while test driving but didn't want to wash it due to my no-wash requirement. The writer then went with me out to the car and cleaned it off himself. Good guys at Audi Westwood, MA. Not always perfect but they do try hard to please.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't mind a dealer wash every now and then, but not on a regular basis. Especially with lighter color vehicles.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

If you find scratches or swirls, just tell the boss man you said DO NOT and now you'd appreciate it is they would compound, clay bar, or whatever it takes to gently unmark the paint.

I find that anything which is not in writing, at least once, gets lost in the sauce.

A brightly colored block-printed note on the dashboard often helps.

I'd expect the dealers to be using washes that are "safe". It is cheaper than repainting cars.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Redd
If you find scratches or swirls, just tell the boss man you said DO NOT and now you'd appreciate it is they would compound, clay bar, or whatever it takes to gently unmark the paint.

I find that anything which is not in writing, at least once, gets lost in the sauce.

A brightly colored block-printed note on the dashboard often helps.

I'd expect the dealers to be using washes that are "safe". It is cheaper than repainting cars.
Yes I should of double check if he put "NO WASH" on the paper before leaving. Let's just hope they didn't make any scratches on my Q.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer always red stamps my paper work NO WASH!! You might need to ask if they have that stamp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi dealer car wash